Friday, 17 March 2017

The Rebrand 'Flickering Lights'



As the title obviously states, I have renamed my blog to 'Flickering Lights.' I thought I should let you know since you're probably wondering, 'Who the hell is Flickering Lights?!' Well, it's actually the new and improved - hopefully, this is yet to be seen, haha - 'Simply Bookish Things.'



As I'm sure you can tell, I haven't been blogging consecutively for a good couple of months. One of the reasons for this, is because - surprise, surprise - I've been feeling uninspired, is this not the bane of every bloggers existence? Except the difference between me and them, is that I just simply stopped blogging altogether. However, this wasn't the only reason. At the risk of sounding like I'm just making up excuses (which they are, I guess in a way..) I've been completely immersed in the deep and dark, blackhole of my schoolwork, I've been engulfed by the busy life that is a student, and unfortunately I'm definitely not one of those people that can balance between school and blogging. I would either be doing schoolwork all day or binge watching Netflix because I was way too lazy to do anything productive after school and homework - the series suits is freaking amazing by the
way, you should go watch it.

One of the many reasons that I've been feeling uninspired with my blog, is that I was getting bored of the content I was posting. I didn't enjoy what I was writing. Don't get me wrong, I still love posting about books and all the related bookish things, but when I'm constantly posting about it all the time, and I'm not feeling satisfied with my content? Blegh, my motivation simply flies out the window. Bye bye birdie. 

I do realize that I don't need to change my blogs name in order to post non-bookish content, but I wanted to, and to be honest, I didn't really like that name anymore. I liked it to begin with, however, I never loved it. Therefore, during the past couple of days I've been trying to think of a new name. I had no luck of course. But then a couple of hours ago, it came to me. I was playing around with some new graphics for my blog's header, and I was thinking of incorporating a picture of a city's skyline in it because of my dream of one day living in a city like London or New York - I know, I know, I'm so typical, but who even cares. Anyways, so while I was doing all that, I thought of the phrase 'Flickering Lights' and I decided that I really loved that name. It sounded catchy, and I don't know, I just liked it I guess. I was pondering on why I should name my blog this, when I realized, my love for the city, and the flickering lights when you look at it's skyline at night! 

Basically that's why I decided to rebrand my blog. I thought that 'flickering lights' was perfect because it reflected me, and it didn't keep me tied to one specific topic. However, a downside to all this excitement - well, for me at least - all my comments disappeared, and I'm way to scared to try and fix it because last time Disqus did this (yes, this is the second time that my comments have disappeared, except now it's for a different reason) it didn't want to let anyone comment on my blog. So I'm just going to leave it.



Anyways, thanks for listening to my ramblings of why I decided to rename my blog. I thought that I would just put it out there, in case anyone was wanting to know and wondering 'who the hell is flickering lights?'

Have you ever renamed your blog? What do you do when you're feeling uninspired?



No comments :

Post a Comment