Monday, 11 April 2016

The Bookshelf Tag


I'm not sure who created this tag but I saw Cait from Paperfury do this a couple months back and I've been meaning to do it ever since.

I thought The Bookshelf tag was a great way of doing an almost bookshelf tour. I'm stupidly excited to do this for you as I've just finished putting up my new bookshelves with the help of my dad! My babies no longer have to sit on the floor! EEP, SO HAPPY. *flails*




_________________________________________________________________________________


My bookshelves are custom made...which is basically just a fancy way of saying that they were cut and measured at a local shop in my area. My dad put them up on my wall for me with my help which resulted in a few incidents involving my head knocking on the shelf. a lot. Ouch. I swear I still have that bruise.


I organize my books according to height because I'm a neat freak when it comes to my shelves. Although I've always thought of the idea of colour coordinating them but to be honest I don't think I could deal with all the series being mismatched and different height orders etc. It would do my head in!

The well of ascension (Mistborn #2) by Brandon Sanderson. That book is a gigantic 781 pages. YIKES. It's bigger than City of heavenly fire and that book was a beast!


The Twits by Roald Dahl. Gosh that book brings back so many memories. NOSTALGIA.

I've actually received quite a few books for my birthday but I can't remember them..sorry to the people who gave them to me *hangs head in shame* BUT the one that I can remember is The Naturals by Jennifer Lynn Barnes as my mom bought it for my birthday. I think it was my 14th?


Harry Potter books 2 & 3. They're the mass market paperback editions and they're so cute! I just want to cuddle them *hugs*


Definitely my illustrated version of Harry Potter and the Sorcerers Stone! That book is such an awkward size, but the beautiful pictures inside it make up for it as they are simply STUNNING!

YES, and they're all from my best friend Kyra from Blog of a Bookaholic. Thank you Kyra. (Cinder, Raising Demons, City of Glass and Champion) Also my dad gifted me the illustrated version of the first Harry Potter book as well.


Model Misfit by Holly Smale and The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh. I couldn't help but mention both. Sorry not sorry ;) Those books are amazing and you need to go and read them!



I have 2 copies of The Queen of the Tearling by Erika Johanson but only temporarily as I bought the extra copy as a gift for my best friend. It's a really great fantasy which has political aspects in it which I ended up really enjoying.


Yes I do, quite a few actually. But the ones I'm most proud of would have to be my Vampire Academy series because they're all in the beautiful red covers! Well, except the first one. Which I DESPERATELY need. So if anyone wants to let me know where to find it online please let me know.

It's not Summer Without You by Jenny Han and Confessions of an Angry Girl by Louise Rozett. I have FINALLY completed my Jenny Han collection. Yay. The second is one that I am beyond excited to read as I really think the premise is something I would enjoy! (UPDATE: I did end up really enjoying it)

This would have to be my Harry Potter collection, although I'm cheating a little bit as they're technically my dad's so they were first on his bookshelf, but those are just technicalities? Pfft.

Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare which as AMAZING, as expected because Cassandra Clare, duh.

Yes I know that this is like the gazillionth time I've used this photo in a blog post but I love it. 

I won a signed book of More than Forever by Jay McLean which made me ECSTATIC. It's the one and only book I've ever won.

(aka no one is ever borrowing it ever) ALL OF MY HARDCOVERS. They're my most prized possessions as I don't own many of them. So no touchy, okay? Okay. Actually I don't let anyone borrow my books except my brother and that's only because he lives with me so I can constantly check on them.

The Blue Roan Child by Jamieson Findlay. I think the spine is even peeling off?

Most of my books are in really good shape as I am one of those people who hate damaging their books. I don't mind purchasing a beat-up book but I hate ruining one of my newly-bought books. EEP, it's like nails on a chalkboard. So I would have to say all my hardcovers? Because they're more durable then my paperbacks.

The Jaqueline Wilson books. I used to read those ALL the time. But I think if I had to re-read them I wouldn't enjoy them as much because the writing/characters are immature which is to be expected as they're children's books. 
Melly, Fatty and Me by Edyth Bulbring. Ha, funny story: I lent this book from a friend and my mom accidentally wrote my name on it and let someone else borrow it thinking it was mine, so I bought a new copy for my friend. This friend of mine, you know who you are ;) haha. *wink wink*

It would have to be Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell as I'm really loving pale greeny/blues at the moment. 

YES. As I said before I won it, it's More than Forever by Jay Mclean. *strokes book*

Pick a question (or more) and tell me which book of yours it would be. Have you read/heard about any of the above books mentioned? I TAGGGG: Kyra @ Blog of a Bookaholic and anyone who wants to do this tag.


No comments :

Post a Comment