Friday, 4 March 2016

Review - Model Misfit (Geek Girl #2) by Holly Smale

18065780Title: Model Misfit
Series Geek Girl #2
Author: Holly Smale
Genre: Young adult, contemporary
Published: 26 September 2013
Format: Paperback, 356 pages
Source: My own
Rating: 5/5 Stars

“My name is Harriet Manners, and I am still a geek.”

Harriet knows that modelling won’t transform you. She knows that being as uniquely odd as a polar bear isn’t necessarily a bad thing (even in a rainforest). And that the average person eats a ton of food a year, though her pregnant stepmother is doing her best to beat this.

What Harriet doesn’t know is where she’s going to fit in once the new baby arrives.

With summer plans ruined, modelling in Japan seems the perfect chance to get as far away from home as possible. But nothing can prepare Harriet for the craziness of Tokyo, her competitive model flatmates and her errant grandmother’s ‘chaperoning’. Or seeing gorgeous Nick everywhere she goes.

Because, this time, Harriet knows what a broken heart feels like.

Can geek girl find her place on the other side of the world or is Harriet lost for good?



_________________________________________________________________________________




Harriet has quickly become one of my most-loved heroines of all time, like she's up there with Aelin kind-of-all-time. First of all she is FREAKING HILARIOUS. The LOL kind of laugh. Where you actually laugh externally and not internally (in your mind). You get the picture? ;)

Secondly she is a complete and utter geek (as I'm sure you can tell from the title) and I ADORE IT. She doesn't conform to society and it's rules, she always stays true to herself! Harriet is super clever! Sooo...Harriet if you could just lend me your brain for when I write my own GCSE's that would be great. ;)

(as per usual)

When have I ever not mentioned how much I love a good romance? Ummm, never. So are you surprised that 'adorable romance' is on this list? Of course not ;)

Nick never fails to break my heart into tiny like pieces and then somehow manages to stick it all back together again. I can only imagine what he's going to do to me in the next book. I believe the exact words my best friend said to me about the next book were "It's going to obliterate you. Destroy you. Shatter you." Yeah, my heart doesn't have a very bright future ahead...

BUT this romance is still adorable no matter how many times it breaks my heart. <3 How can a romance do both at the same time?! WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO ME HOLLY?! *flails*


The family dynamics from this book are on point, once again. Her dad cracks me up every. single. time. Annabel is the best. And Bunty is the sweetest thing. I want her as my grandma even though I love my own very dearly. ;)



 Loved everything about this book. It can do no wrong in my eyes.



Overall I recommend this to all the people looking for a fluffy, laugh-out-loud, contemporary book. I guarantee you it will brighten up your day!

Have you read any of the Geek Girl books? What did you think of them? let me know in the comments.






No comments :

Post a Comment