Wednesday, 2 March 2016

February's Monthly Rewind and other Shenanigans





1. I Finished the Selection series!: I FINALLY finished The Selection series by Kiera Cass. I read the first book about a gazillion years ago (I'm obviously exaggerating, it was only 2 years ago? BUT still that's a long time ago)  and I never got around to picking up the rest of the books in the series, mostly because of all the mixed reviews I had read on the series. Everyone kept on saying how annoying America is and yada yada yada, which I totally agree with, she was a bit much sometimes. So why did I pick this up? I decided to pick this up because Beth from The Quiet People talked about the series and all the love triangles that came with it and what can I say I felt like reading about a love triangle. Although this series was more of a freaking hexagon the a triangle. haha. I ended up enjoying this series despite the unrealistic love triangles and the characters annoying qualities, this series had somewhat of an addictive quality to it.

2. I've been preparing for my IGCSE English language exam: I'm super nervous for this exam as it's going to be my first GCSE exam and well asdfghjkl *bites nails*


MY BOOKSHELVES: My dad finally got around to putting some shelves up on my wall for all  my babies.They were all sitting on my bedroom floor getting all dusty and sad..*wipes tears* 
I'm planning on doing a post about my new bookshelves (basically a book shelf tag) very soon so you will be seeing that soon :D



The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh: HOLY MOLY. If you haven't read this then I need you to go and read this right now. I loved every single thing about this book and guess what?! The next book is coming out in May, EEP. If you haven't been convinced on whether you would like to read this book or not you can go and check out my review over here.

Cait at Paperfury wrote about about why us bookworms love painful books. And let me tell you I relate to this 100%, scratch that 1000%.

Kyra at Blog of a Bookaholic wrote about how you can determine if you are living with the magical creature called the reader. Which is absolutely HILARIOUS.

Amanda at Nellie and Co wrote about why certain authors get so much hate for writing multiple books in the same world. Really great post and it's definitely something that everyone should read!

Jamie at Perpetual page turner wrote about meeting out heroines and our accessibility to them. Very interesting!

(I'm obviously reading more books than this but these are just my priorities)

1. The Well of Ascension (Mistborn #2) by Brandon Sanderson: I'm hoping to read this book this month but it is gigantically huge but I'm excited to read it all the same as I really liked the first book in this series. 

2. Love, Stargirl (Stargirl #1) by Jerry Spinelli: This is the sequel to Stargirl which I thoroughly enjoyed! Annnd it's also been sitting on my TBR since a million years ago. So there's that.

What books are you hoping to read this month? What posts did you read and love so much? Share the love. Favourite book this month? What have you loved this month? 



No comments :

Post a Comment