Tuesday, 23 February 2016

Top Ten Tuesday #15 - Books that I Didn't Expect to Enjoy as Much as I Did

Hosted by the lovely people over at The Broke and Bookish.
This weeks topic: Ten Books I Enjoyed Recently (last yearish) That Weren't My Typical Genre/Type of Book (or that was out of your comfort zone) I'm just editing this weeks topic a little bit. ;)
_________________________________________________________________________________



13621089

My best friend, Kyra from Blog of a Bookaholic, has been recommending me this book for so long it's ridiculous. I finally read it a couple weeks ago and ASDFGHJKL AMAZING AMAZING. *flail* You can check out my review of it over here.


6547258
This one had been sitting on my shelf since last year April. I know what's wrong with me? I didn't pick this up for a while mostly because of it's GIGANTIC size and also it was an epic fantasy which means a ton of world building which then also requires a lot of concentration, blegh. BUT I finally read it and I really really liked it! You can check out my review over here.
Emmy & Oliver

I knew I would enjoy this book because of the premise but I definitely didn't expect it to become one of my 2015 favourites! If you're looking for a cute but serious type of romance, then READ THIS NOW. What are you doing? Gooo.


22561320

Same as the above, I didn't expect this to become a favourite. It's got vampires in it and it's just pure awesomeness. It's everything I look for in a paranormal romance!

10626594

Before I read The Scorpio Races I tried to read The Raven Boys and I unfortunately for the life of me could not get into it, so when I started this book I had low expectations but surprise, I LOVED IT. You can check out my review over here.

13597723

This one wasn't a book I would normally read, so it actually fits in with the original topic for today, but I really really like this one. It was a thriller with a touch of romance. I immediately recommended this book to my best friend as well and she also ended up loving it! You can check out my review over here.
7896527

I read this before I started blogging so I didn't actually know about any of the hype. A friend had gifted me this book and of course I loved it!

But instead of Chuck, it's TOG ;)

22232

This one was a complete surprise for me! It's a super tiny book but. oh. my. gosh. It made me ball my eyes out! *sobs* You can check out my review over here.


5287473

This one actually reminds me of my reaction after finishing Velvet (above). Again it was an awesome paranormal romance!


18166936

Like The Naturals this one also fits into the original TTT topic as it was a magical realism book which is a genre I never would of thought that I would enjoy! If you haven't read this yet, GO READ IT. You can check out my review over here.

What books are on your TTT? Which of these books have you read that may have surprised you? Let me know! :)








No comments :

Post a Comment