Tuesday, 9 February 2016

My Life in Books Lately #2


Where I update you on all the books I have been reading and tell you what I thought and whether I recommend them or not. 


18006496

1. Queen of Shadows (Throne of Glass #4) by Sarah J. Maas: Ohhh my word. This book is just AMAH-ZING. As usual Sarah's words are just incredibly beautiful. (highlight if you want to read) *MILD SPOILER* In book 1&2 of this series I was #TeamChaol all the way, I was dedicated to that ship like anything. In book 3 I was undecided but I still missed Chaol terribly BUT in Queen of Shadows I was like: "Chaol? Who the hell is he? #TeamRowanFOREVER" *end of mild spoiler* If you haven't picked up this book yet then you need to hurry up and do it because it is life changing! And if you haven't picked up any of these books, well then what rock have you been living under? Seriously you people need to read this! *flails*

_________________________________________________________________________________



18712886

12. The Queen of the Tearling (The Tearling #1) by Erika Johanson: This one was on my wishlist for quite a while until I saw it at my local bookstore for cheaper then it usually was, so of course being the bookworm that I am, I ran (literally) and bought it with all the money that I had left. I was broke after that. BUT it was so worth it because I LOVED this book.



I wasn't sure at first if I was going to enjoy the political-ness of it but I actually did. I think Erika just did it in such a great way that you can't help but WANT to know all of the information! I definitely recommend this book to all fantasy lovers!
_________________________________________________________________________________


22561320


3. Velvet by Temple West: This was one of those books that really surprise you with how much you love it because I knew I was going to enjoy this one but I just didn't realize HOW much I would enjoy it. It's definitely one of my favourites in the paranormal romance genre.


_________________________________________________________________________________


The Winner's Curse (The Winner's Trilogy, #1)

4. The Winners Curse by Marie Rutkoski: I have always heard so much about this book so that when I spotted it in this huuugggee bookstore in Johannesburg I may have hyperventilated a little bit because being an international bookworm, new releases could take months and even years to get into the local bookstores. SO when I saw this I of course begged and begged my dad to buy it for me.



I definitely adored this one and I'm really looking forward to purchasing the next one! It's the perfect blend of fantasy and romance!

What do you think of the above books? What book do you recommend I should read next? Pick one from below. :)

The Final Empire (Mistborn, #1)11115457





No comments :

Post a Comment