Wednesday, 21 October 2015

The Cake Book Tag A.K.A The Yummiest Tag Ever


FLOUR: A book that was a little slow to start off but really picked up as it went along.

For this one I'm going to have to say The Fifth Wave by Rick Yancey. It's not that this book was slow it was more like it was incredibly confusing and my poor brain couldn't keep up, it was shouting at it to give it some mercy.




So because my brain couldn't keep up all the time it made the book seem slow in the beginning but once you got into the swing of it, it rocked my socks off! Wow that made me sound like some sort of 40 year old trying to be cool or something..


BUTTER: A book that had a rich, great plot.


The Mortal Instruments series wins this round. The Shadowhunter world just has so much possiblity and it was rich with awesomeness and I just love it so much and I demand all you people to go and read it if you haven't yet. BUT beware this series may cause emotional trauma for life but I know you guys can do it.


EGGS: A book you thought was going to be bad but actually turned out quite enjoyable.

Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli. Now it wasn't that I thought it was going to be terrible, I just thought it wasn't going to the best, the reason I thought this was because the rating was a 3.70 on Goodreads and I tend to only read books with a 3.90 and above rating. Yes! I know, I know I'm a terrible person and I'm a snob and all that jazz but I just..Okay I honestly don't have an excuse, I'm just a rating-snob-person. 


SUGAR: A sugary, sweet book

Open Road Summer by Emery Lord. This was book was the best. It made me feel like the happiest person ever while I was reading it. It was just pure sweetness. *swoons*



ICING: A book that covered every single element that you enjoy about a book (funny moments, action moments, sad moments etc)

Nowhere But Here by Katie McGarry. This book made me sob like a baby, it made me laugh like a mental person and it made me feel every single emotion you can have whilst reading an extremely great book. If you haven't read this book yet, YOU ARE MISSING OUT. And can I just say that Oz is mine. MINE. Sorry Kyra (Blog of a Bookaholic) but I will fight you for him ;) 

 
SPRINKLES: A book series that you can kind of turn back to for a little pick me up when you're feeling down.

This is a complete no brainer. The Lux series by Jennifer Armentrout. This is probably the most hilarious but also at the same time emotional series that I have ever read, as in it nearly beats The Mortal Instruments. I think they tie with each other maybe?..

THE CHERRY ON TOP: Your favourite book this year so far
How can you ask this of me?! This is cruelty. Plain and simple as that. Okay *cracks knuckles* *breathes deeply* Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard, The Young Elites by Marie Lu, Nowhere But Here by Katie McGarry, The Ruby Circle by Richelle Mead...I can't choose okay! They were all so great and I am incredibly lucky that I have had a great reading year so far. *starts to name more* Sorry guys but picking just one book just isn't my jam.


I Tag...EVERYONE who wants to do this. :D









No comments :

Post a Comment