Sunday, 13 September 2015

Review - I'll Give You The Sun By Jandy Nelson





23573418
Title: I'll Give You The Sun
Series: None
Author: Jandy Nelson
Genre: Contemporary
Published: 16 September 2014
Format: Paperback, 429 pages
Rating: 5/5 Stars
Source: Pan Macmillan SA (Thank you!)

Jude and her twin Noah were incredibly close - until a tragedy drove them apart, and now they are barely speaking. Then Jude meets a cocky, broken, beautiful boy as well as a captivating new mentor, both of whom may just need her as much as she needs them. What the twins don't realize is that each of them has only half the story and if they can just find their way back to one another, they have a chance to remake their world.







_________________________________________________________________________

My Thoughts: I feel like this review is just going to be full of my fangirling, (EDIT: Probably cause it is.) And this is going to be such a hard book to review because they're just so many feelings that I need to put down, But I think the best books are always the hardest to write a review for because you cannot simply put into words what you feel about it. 

Ever since I read Jandy Nelsons first book The Sky Is Everywhere and found out she was writing another book I was waiting in anticipation for it. I was practically drowning in it. Why I haven't picked it up until now? Because I was trying to prepare myself for the emotional state that I knew I would be left in after reading a Jandy Nelson book. But I have finally picked it up and I LOVE IT and I am a complete mess, I feel like I can hardly form coherent sentences right now! 

Although I did love this book with all my heart I did find this book quite hard to get into, mostly because this book is so artsy and me being a not so creative person, found it a little bit hard to follow with all the artistic metaphors and lyrical words, BUT once I did get into it: HOLY FREAKING COW! The words and the story just flow together so beautifully. IT MAKES ME WANT TO WRITE A BOOK LIKE THIS! And I have never really had any interest in writing a book. Ever. There is so much inspiration packed into the 428 pages that is I'll Give You The Sun. It makes me want to be an artist just like Noah and Jude. I want to be best friends with them. I want a twin, dammit. 

The characters is this books are so beautiful. They're amazing. And most of all real. I just love Noah and Jude so damn much, it was so heartbreaking to see they're relationship deteriorate but then it was so wonderful to see they're relationship grow again and watch them grow closer again AND JUST, I AM FANGIRLING SO HARD RIGHT NOW.


Oscar. Oscar I need you to be my boyfriend. Like Oh my freaking gosh he is so incredibly swoon worthy. I WISH HE WAS REAL. I NEED A GUY LIKE THIS. I ship him and Jude together so freaking much! 


The story in this book is so so so good, you really feel the impact of it once you've finished reading it. It's like it's left a tiny footprint in your heart. ASDFGHJKL. I'm really struggling to keep a straight face right now because I sound like a goddamn poet. *facepalm*. I just have such intense love for this book right now! 


There are so many things that I want to say about this book but I can't seem to put it down on to this screen without screeching. All I can say to you is that you HAVE to read this. It's just so freaking amazing (I feel like that's all I'm saying right now) and it's definitely lived up to its high expectations that had been set after reading The Sky Is Everywhere. 

Although this is a love story the book also has so much more going for it. You get to see the healing of a broken family and seeing siblings grow closer, like it says on the cover, love is only half the story. 

Favorite Quotes:

“Meeting your soul mate is like walking into a house you've been in before - you will recognize the furniture, the pictures on the wall, the books on the shelves, the contents of drawers: You could find your way around in the dark if you had to.”

“I gave up practically the whole world for you,” I tell him, walking through the front door of my own love story. “The sun, stars, ocean, trees, everything, I gave it all up for you.” 

“Or maybe a person is just made up of a lot of people,” I say. “Maybe we’re accumulating these new selves all the time.” Hauling them in as we make choices, good and bad, as we screw up, step up, lose our minds, find our minds, fall apart, fall in love, as we grieve, grow, retreat from the world, dive into the world, as we make things, as we break things.” 

“When people fall in love, they burst into flames.” 

“People die, I think, but your relationship with them doesn't. It continues and is ever-changing.” 

“In one split second I saw everything I could be, everything I want to be. And all that I’m not.” 


My Rating: 

Why I Rated It This: 

+ Although a little slow in the beginning I can't not rate it a 5 because it's definitely a favorite! 

Have you read IGYTS? What did you think of it? Sorry by the way for all that fangirling, phew it was exhausting..



No comments :

Post a Comment