Tuesday, 25 August 2015

Top Ten Tuesday #11 - YA Contemporary 101

Hosted by the lovely people over at The Broke And The Bookish
This weeks topic: Top Ten Books That Would Be On Your Syllabus If You Taught X 101 (examples: YA fantasy 101, feminist literature 101, magic in YA 101, classic YA lit 101, world-building 101)



Young adult contemporary romance is one of my most favourite genre's in the young adult world. There's just something about reading about two characters that fall in love that makes you swoon and burst with emotions. 

So if I was to teach a YA Contemporary 101 class these are the books that I would put in the syllabus as they're just all perfect examples of a good love story. SO GO READ ALL OF THEM NOW BECAUSE I SAID SO!

1. My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick

Such a baeutiful story about the struggles of family but also the positives that come with it. Jace is a seriously a swoon worthy fictional boyfriend *dreamy sigh* <3

2. The More Than Series by Jay Mclean

The characters in this series are just one big giant ball of AMAZINGNESS, it's so addicting and fun to read all the inside jokes from one characters to another! 

3. The Summer trilogy by Jenny Han

Gosh, whenever I think of this trilogy I feel bursting from all the emotions that are all packed into this book. IT'S JUST SO BEAUTIFUL *fangirls* 

4. To All The Boys I've Loved Before duology by Jenny Han

I've only actually read the first book in this series but it was so heartwarming and amazing that I just had to include it in here! I really can't wait to read the second book, P.S. I Still Love You. Eeeeekk.

5. Did I Mention I Love You (DIMILY #1) by Estelle Maskame

One word for this series would be ADDICTING! Gah I just love it so much! You can check out my review over here.

6. Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli

This book made me cry, it wasn't even like it was really sad it was just so eye-opening and beautiful! You can check out my review over here.

7. The Pushing The Limits series by Katie McGarry

Katie McGarry is AMAZING and you need to go read all of her books right this minute!

8. The Perfect Chemistry series by Simone Elkeles

This was one of the first young adult romances that I fell in love with, and I highly recomend you go read them! XD

9. Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell

Sorry Cath but Levi is mine now. ;)

10. How To Love by Katie Cotugno

I finished reading this book a couple of weeks ago and when I finished it I was just one big pile of fangirlyness. You can check out y review over here.

What contemporary books do you love? What 101 class would you teach? Link me up :)






Follow

No comments :

Post a Comment