Tuesday, 4 August 2015

Ten Fairytale Retellings I Really Really Really WANT to be written.


Hosted by the wonderful people over at The Broke and Bookish
This weeks topic: Ten Fairytale Retellings I've Read/Want To Read (or you could do fairytales I want to be retold or fairytales I love)


Now if I could I would write these myself I would but I am not a writer, so to all the writers out there if you are reading this can you pretty please write these for my reading pleasure? I'll even share my food with you. ;)
*does puppy dog eyes*


 There is not enough mermaid books out there, well there is but all of the ones I've found just didn't interest me all that much. BUT LITTLE MERMAID?! I ADORED The Little Mermaid when I was little, I remember watching it over and over again and still to this day I wouldn't mind re-watching it. Well I have but it's time for another re-watch! ;)




I know there is a movie coming out soon called 'Pan' so I am super duper excited about that, but I need a retelling of this in book form! Anyone volunteering? DO IT.




Have any of you watched the movie?! If you haven't GO WATCH IT! IT IS THE BEST. But imagine a retelling of this, *daydreams for a while* that would be heaven on earth.



OH MY GOSH, this could be awesome! You could make it super duper creepy and eerie and maybe add some seriously clever twist to it, but you writers definitely have to keep the gingerbread house in the story, because FOOD.



Pinocchio meets reality? Maybe like magical realism sort of book? I Don't know, but I feel like a retelling of this could be the future!


Rapunzel, Rapunzel, let down your golden hair.. Ooh someone has to do this idea, it could be like a fantasy with some romance. Because that doesn't exist or anything. *facepalm* But someone who has a creative brain and writes books, this is for you. I know it's whispering to you. Write me..writeeeee meee.

I LOVED the Barbie movie version of this as a kid, it was just so magical and sparkly. I was a kid. SPARKLES, who doesn't love sparkly stuff as a kid?! But this as a retelling could be so adorable and cute, maybe something in Middle Grade? But anything will do actually :D


I've never actually read this tale but I know the gist of it, but I don't really know the full story, but this could be awesome and also super creepy and eerie. I am excited just thinking about it! XD




So I guess basically Once Upon a Time but as a book? Obviously it shouldn't be exactly the same, even though the show is BRILLIANT, but it could have a different storyline and all the different stories could intertwine and tangle with each other. THE POSSIBILITIES ARE INFINITE!



What fairytales do you want to be told? Any good re-tellings of the ones that I have mentioned? What have you got on your TTT? Put your link in the comments. 



No comments :

Post a Comment