Tuesday, 7 July 2015

The Unhauling Of My Books

So I was in a book sorting, sort of mood as you can tell from the heading of this post *rolls eyes at self* A lot of these books were books that I no longer found interest in or I had read them and didn't enjoy them, It was like a freaking break up! Not that I've ever actually done that before...fictional boys are better than real boys, okay! *has more cake* Let me tell you there was a lot of push and pull feelings towards the books that I was pondering on getting rid of *sniffles and eats even more cake* It was a very emotional experience, okay, don't judge *shoves entire cake in mouth* But overall I'm happy with my decisions.

Why was I in a book unhauling mood?

I decided I only wanted books that I really enjoyed and books that I knew I would re-read from time to time, I was going for a minimalist look. Also I was watching a lot of 'unhaul' booktube videos on YouTube and I mean A LOT. I'm probably a masochist or something.

How Did I decide?

I actually looked at quite a few blog posts on how to unhaul your books. Here are links to some of the posts that helped me quite a bit:

Jamie at The Perpetual Page Turner had a post that inspired me to unhaul my books over here.

Even though these posts helped me immensely, sometimes a certain book just cannot be put into a 'yes' or 'no' category, hence why I'm eating a lot of cake. *starts cutting another slice*

Lastly, the books that I'm getting rid of


The Starcrossed trilogy by Josephine Angelini: I just didn't like these books at all, I thought the heroine was very whiny, I didn't like any of the characters to be brutally honest, BUT I really did try to like them, hence why I read the entire series.


Life Of Pi by Yann Martel: I just don't get this story, I was lost through out the entire book and my eyeballs were burning from boredom.


The Paranormalcy trilogy by Kiersten White: I really tried to get into the first book of this series, Paranormalcy, but I couldn't. I just couldn't. *le sigh*


Twilight by Stephanie Meyer: I got this in the days when I was an amateur in the genre of young adult. I went to the bookstore and I saw this and I was like 'Ooooh, pretty cover and it's twilight, everyone loves this therefore I have to buy it even if I have seen the movie and know mostly everything that happens.' GOSH I was such an amateur. (Not to say that this series isn't good. Because it is. It's just that knew what happened, therefore there was no surprise factor)

The Short Second Life Of Bree Tanner by Stephanie Meyer: Basically the same as Twilight. And also I bought because it was hardback, I know I'm terrible, don't judge me.


I haven't read any of these and I kinda just lost interest in them. Light was also the last of a series and I just couldn't be bothered to become invested and collect the series..I'm really not a terrible person, okay guys, I'm not. *guilty look*


Between the lines by Jodi Picoult and Samantha Van Leer: Same as above I just no longer have any interest to read this. I feel so much freedom yet so much guilt. *drags hand down face*

Yes that's a garden gnome who's head broke off and yes, it's watching you. So you better watch out. *smirks*

The Magicians Nephew by C.S. Lewis: My friend actually gave me all of these books and I was all like "YAY, free books" *grabs them* But then I realized I have no interest in reading any of these..So I gave them back. 

The Dead and The Gone by Susan Pfeffer: I LOVED Life As We Knew It, the first book in this series, but then I heard some bad reviews on the second book in this series, the Dead and the Gone, which is the second book in the series and I decided I'd give it a miss as it's actually about different characters then then the ones from the first book, so yeah I'm gonna skip this one.

Only the good spy young by Ally Carter: This is the fourth book in the Gallagher Girls series and I just, yeah, I don't know.

The Hobbit by J. R. R. Tolkien: I actually had to read this for school and the combination of the teacher reading it out loud with her nasally voice and the pressure of having to read it made me hate this book, so bye bye Mr. Hobbit.

What books do you no longer have interest in reading? Any books you didn't enjoy? Tell me why in the comments. XD




No comments :

Post a Comment