Wednesday, 22 July 2015

Review - Write For Me by Michelle Holt


25927992Title: Write For Me 
Series: Standalone
Author: Michelle Holt
Genre: New Adult Romance
Published: 24 July 2015
Format: Ebook 
Rating: 
Source: Author (Thanks! :))
My name is Bently Young. I wouldn’t say I’m an angry person. In fact my life had been like a bubble gum infused sundae topped with happiness sprinkles up until the age of when I could date. And I started to date a lot. Guys were fun at first, a nice dinner, someone to tell me I was pretty and laugh at my sarcastic jokes. But then the little creeps started showing their true colors. And they were not my favorite colors. They were like barf green and overripe fungus tangerine. And it made me angry. 
Swearing off dating all together was too drastic, but I sure wanted to not do it for a while. I had my family and friends to keep me occupied. I didn’t need a man to take me to cheesy restaurants. One could only eat so much free bread and butter. Life could keep zooming along without the necessity of someone with chest hair being around. 
Oh but then I met Josh. If I could have just never known he existed, all would have been fine. Of course, I don’t mean that because if I never knew he was in the world, my own world would have been an awful place. He makes me want to dance under a happiness sprinkle hail storm. Pretty much he is gorgeous and has the insane ability to use his words to make my heart float out of my chest. That made things a lot better when everything else I knew in my life decided to implode. But we weren’t immune to the black hole of horribleness either. 
Ours is an epic love story and I just happened to write it down for you…




Reaction upon finishing: That was cute. :D


This review is pretty hard to write because on one hand I loved this book a lot but on the other there were some annoying things that really irritated me. I didn't always agree with characters actions and I felt like I also felt like the book lost itself along the way, as you read more and more of it. it started out seriously fantastic but then a lot of drama was added to it and it just got a little bit tiring.
  But it did have redeeming qualities, like the most awesome witty banter between character and tons of humor that made you laugh out loud whilst reading the book.

I think I need Bentley to be my best friend, yes there were some annoying things she did and actions that I didn't agree with but her witty banter made up for all that but she's also really compassionate through most of the book. 
I stepped forward and knew it was game time.
"Let me stop you right there. I am not innocent. I have watched several episodes of  Breaking Bad..."
Josh, the love interest was the cutest human being on earth that I have ever had the pleasure of reading, I just GAH *swoon*
"One more thing. What she said about you being a tease? A girl like her wouldn't understand how beautiful it is to see a girl like you who guards her heart for someone who matters."
My final Thoughts: An incredibly funny read with a neverending amount of witty banter and a lovely story about two main characters falling in love. Although at times the drama a little bit to much and the characters actions not that great, it was still a fun read. 

I would recommend this to you if you don't mind drama and some angst but also love reading a book with characters that are made up of a whole lot of funny goodness.

Re-readablity: .Unfortunately, not really. I don't think I could re-read some of the drama in this book.



She was the sweetest old lady unless she was awake, talking, or looking at you. Then, she was full of malice and rage. I couldn't imagine why my parents wouldn't want her living with them.
"Don't do that, Bentley. Something terrible had happened. You don't get to ignore it and put a lid on it. You can't. One day it will awaken something awful in you and when that pot explodes, there will be no putting the lid back on, the flow of torment and self-loathing you'll feel."
We could be thin in heaven, but on Earth it should be, 'Pass the butter.'

3.5/5 Sneakers

Liked it but a few things annoyed me.


+funny and witty characters.
- unnecessary drama.
+ loved the romance.

 Do you love witty characters? Are you planning on reading it? Let me know in the comments.




No comments :

Post a Comment