Wednesday, 24 June 2015

MINI REVIEWS - A Venture Into Adventure and Some Mystery

Series: Kitty Hawk Flying Detective Agency #1
Author: Iain Reading
Genre: Young adult, adventure
Published: December 2012
Format: Paperback, 261 pages
Rating: 3/5 Sneakers
Source: Book Publicity Services (Thank you!)

I received a copy in exchange for an honest review 


What I liked: 
+ I loved the way Kitty thought, she was always logical and rational and I always enjoy that in a character.
+ Her internal dialogue was hilarious, I found myself laughing and smiling from time to time.
+ The romance, this book has is very light but an extremely cutesy romance that made you think "Awww."
+ I loved the cute illustrations of maps and letters in the book.




What I didn't like: - It was slow-paced, I felt like this book went a little bit to far into details and had a little bit of an overdose of Kitty's childhood stories, not to say I didn't enjoy them, but they did get a little much at times.

Otherwise I really did enjoy this book and I recommend it to people who enjoy books with a lot of adventure and mystery. :D



Title: Sapient
Series: N/A
Author: Jerry Kaczmarowski
Genre: SciFi, Mystery
Published: 13 April 2015
Format: ebook, 378 pages
Rating: 3/5 Sneakers
Source: Book Publicity Services

I received a copy in exchange for an honest review






What I liked: 
+ It was fast-paced but not to fast.
+ I routed for what would happen to the characters, I cared for them.
+ I loved the relationship that Jane has with her son.

What I didn't like: 
- At times I did find myself getting a little bit bored, but because this book was fast paced I wasn't bored for long.
- I unfortunately didn't relate to any of the characters, but as I said before I did care for them.

Overall it was a nice book to read and I don't regret it. Would I re-read it? Unfortunately no, I wasn't as invested enough in the story to be able to even think of re-reading this book, but I do think people who have a taste for a little bit of science and mystery will enjoy this.

Have you read any of these books? What did you think of them?





No comments :

Post a Comment