Tuesday, 12 May 2015

Top Ten Tuesday #6 - Ten Authors I Really Want To Meet; Young Adult Authors

This weekly meme is hosted by the lovely bookish people from The Broke And The Bookish.
This Weeks Topic: Ten Authors I Really Want To Meet.

Here in South Africa there isn't a lot of authors that come down here, especially ones that I would want to meet, but if it was possible I would really love to meet basically all the authors of the books that I have read and loved before, but alas I am only going to be choosing my top ten.


1. Sarah J. Maas: Not only is she a phenomenal writer but I have heard from many different people that she is genuinely a very nice person to meet, and I recently read an interview that she did on The Perpetual Page Turner for her A Court of Thorns And Roses blog tour which you can see over here. But anyways reading her interview I felt so incredibly inspired that I felt like anything was possible, I know so cliche but it is so true.


2. Tahereh Mafi: Another one of my favourite authors is without a shadow of doubt the author of the Shatter Me trilogy, Tahereh Mafi. Her writing is AMAZING, her characters are AMAZING, everything about it is AMAZING, and I would really like to meet the person behind this series.


3. Rainbow Rowell: I've only ever actually read one of her books, Fangirl, but it was such an enjoyable and fun read that it just makes me want to know this person who created Levi, Cath and all the other wondrous characters.


4. Cassandra Clare: She created Jace Wayland, what more is there to say?! Her books that I have read so far - which is nearly all of them - are incredible, I adore reading them and I would love to meet the person who created some of my favourite characters of all time.


5. Marie Lu: The author of the Legend trilogy, which by the way is one of my favourite trilogies..one of the reasons I want to meet to her along with many others.


6. Alexandra Bracken: I love the way this author writes as well as her books, and again she seems like such a lovely person to meet and just someone I really want to talk to.


7. Katie McGarry: I have been a fan of Katie's contemporary books since forever, it all started with her lovlely Pushing The Limits series, which was literally love at first page, and really I just want to meet the mastermind behind this series.


8. J. K. Rowling: It's the person who wrote the magical world of Harry Potter, so why not?! 


9. Rick Riordan: I first read his Percy Jackson series when I was around 11 to 12 years old, and I fell in love with them, I then later on in my bookish life read his Heroes Of Olympus series - which I still haven't completed - and like the Percy Jackson series I fell in love them.


10. John Green: He writes the most inspirational books known to man, he seems like such a funny guy and I just really need to meet him fullstop. 

Who are some of your authors that you would love sit and chat with? Let me know down below. 


No comments :

Post a Comment