Wednesday, 20 May 2015

Review - All Broke Down (Rusk University #2) By Cora Carmack

Title: All Broke Down
Series: Rusk University #2
Author: Cora Carmack
Genre: New Adult, Romance
Published: 28 October 2014 by William Morrow Paperbacks
Format: ebook, 368 pages
Rating: 5/5 Sneakers
Dylan fights for lost causes. Probably because she used to be one.
Environmental issues, civil rights, corrupt corporations, and politicians you name it, she's probably been involved in a protest. When her latest cause lands her in jail overnight, she meets Silas Moore. He's in for a different kind of fighting. And though he's arrogant and infuriating, she can't help being fascinated with him. Yet another lost cause.
Football and trouble are the only things that have ever come naturally to Silas. And it's trouble that lands him in a cell next to do-gooder Dylan. He's met girls like her before fixers, he calls them, desperate to heal the damage and make him into their ideal boyfriend. But he doesn't think he's broken, and he definitely doesn't need a girlfriend trying to change him. Until, that is, his anger issues and rash decisions threaten the only thing he really cares about: his spot on the Rusk University football team. Dylan might just be the perfect girl to help.
Because Silas Moore needs some fixing after all.


Reaction upon finishing: I literally started mentally clapping in my head and fangirling and making the weirdest faces, I got a few looks from my dad. In other words it was absolutely AMAZING.


I cannot describe how much I am loving this series so far, it makes me want to cry, laugh and swoon
all at the same time. It makes my heart feel like it is going to burst from all the emotions. Normally
when I read a new adult romance I read it in about a day as they are such easy, light-going reads, but
with All Broke Down I wanted to savour it and let each chapter sit and stew in my head for a bit. 
It was like eating pudding, you wanted to devour it but at the same time you wanted to savour it and let the taste melt on your tongue, I never wanted this book to end, I could read about these characters forever. 

Silas, I ADORE HIM, scratch him being my new favourite book boyfriend he's now my husband. What I loved most about him throughout this book is that underneath all that cockiness and
confidence is actually a very vulnerable person and Cora's writing really portrayed that really well. Throughout this entire book Silas'character is constantly changing and developing emotionally, he
starts to let go of all his anger and tries to start to mature.
"There's a reason I do my best to seem laid-back and easygoing. When you look like you don't give a fuck, people don't ask you questions about how you're feeling. They don't ask you questions, period."

Dylan was just the best. She was so strong and all in all just awesome to read about. As well as Silas,
Dylan is also constantly developing throughout this book. In the beginning of this book Dylan is feeling suffocated and feels like she has to pretend around her parents, she lets everyone mold her in to what they want. But she does break out of her shell eventually. I loved how she doesn't want to belong to anyone, it brings the element of self-discovery to this lovely book.
“I’m figuring out what I want by trial and error, and maybe that’s not the best way, but it’s all I’ve got. All I know is that I need to be my own person, someone shaped by my desire, not fear of disappointing the people who are supposed to love me.” 
She wants to try and become her own person first, and I totally agreed with that as well as admired her for that. I adored how passionate she was and how caring she was, it was one of the things I loved most about her.

The romance in this book was phenomenal, I couldn't get enough of it. I think my face is still flushed red..It had such a wonderful best friend aspect to it, in other words even though they were
romantically involved throughout the book, they acted like best friends, and I think every relationship needs that as well as all romance books.

Whilst reading this book I felt so invested and immersed with the characters, whenever the character was sad, irritated or happy, I was feeling that same emotion right along with them. Cora's writing has a way of making you feel so in love with her characters, be it the side characters or main characters you loved them all.

My final thoughts: I still to this moment cannot decide which book I like best, I think I love them both. Both of the first two books in this series are so wonderful in so many different ways, the stories are both so unique from each other. It was a perfect weekend read, a lovely light easygoing read but it contained that little bit of oomph to it.

Do I want my own copy? HELL YES. Why? because this is a series that I could re-read countless
times. In fact I am going to buy this entire series..


“Dudes who look dangerous should just be dangerous. Period. The end. They should not be dangerous and beautiful all at the same time. It leaves the universe out of balance, and it makes me do stupid things like stare.” 
 “Only you would pick up a girl in jail.""Only I could.” 
“I know now why caring about another person is so damn scary. It’s not that they won’t care about you back, because that either happens or it doesn’t. You live with it or you do everything you can to change it. The really scary thing is the moment you realize that for the rest of your life, you’ll feel twice the pain, twice the joy, twice the fear.Twice as helpless to control it all, too.” 
“Except I’m starting to think that the idea of “belonging” anywhere is false. We go through our whole lives thinking that we belong in one place and not in another. We think certain ideas and actions have to be relegated to the tiny little boxes we place them in. What if we just react instead? What if we take whatever the world gives us and instead of focusing on what it isn’t, we enjoy what it is?”  


5/5 Sneakers



- I was fully invested with the characters
- At the end of each chapter it kept me wanting more.
- I never wanted it to end.
- I LOVED EVERYTHING ABOUT IT! XD

Have you read the Rusk University series? Let me know if you enjoyed them down below.

No comments :

Post a Comment