Tuesday, 28 April 2015

Top Ten Tuesday #4 - Top Ten Books Which Feature Characters Who Are..

  Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the wonderful blog The Broke and The Bookish.

This Weeks Topic: Top ten books which feature characters who are...(musically inclined, have depression, etc)



1. When It Rains by Lisa De Jong - The heroine in this book is slightly depressed, not in a hectic way, but this is due to some events that have happened in her past. I loved this book, Lisa De Jong has always made really lovely and strong characters, in terms of their personality and mindset. I highly recommend reading this book, it is a pretty serious book, but it contains a stunning romance. GO READ IT.

2. Summer Sky by Lisa Swallow - I love Lisa Swallow's new adult contemporary books, this particular book is actually part of a series and the stories are constantly original throughout the series. I definitely, absolutely, most definitely recommend this, I cannot recommend this enough. The Hero in this story is part of a band, the leader singer I think, I'm actually not to sure, but their band is called Blue Phoenix, and the story is just so lovely and wonderful.

3. The Sky Is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson - In this book the heroine has just lost her sister and is currently grieving. The story is really about how she overcomes her grief and who she meets along the way, and their is the best romance story ever in here.

4. American Girl On Saturn by Nikki Godwin - This novel is the best book to read when you're looking for something light, quirky and funny. There are a few characters in this book that are part of a famous band, and are hiding away in the heroine, Chloe's house. To be completely honest this book doesn't really have the best romance, although it was still enjoyable it wasn't my favourite. But the reason I like this book so much is because there is a lovely family dynamic to it, which I love.

5. Crash (Crash #1) by Nicole Williams - This is the first book of a trilogy about Jude and Lucy, it has a heartwarming romance that I loved, as well as Lucy, our heroine in this book is a dancer and her dream is to become a professional dancer as well as to go to Julliard etc. This is a lovely new adult romance series and I most definitely recommend it.

6. Rival (Fall Away #2) by Penelope Douglas - Although this is a series, each book can be read as a standalone, but you should read from the beginning to the end as it gives the story as a whole lot more depth. The hero in this novel is musically talented and spends his time at I think a piano, I am not entirely sure. This book contains a heart-stopping romance, that I completely devoured, it is a lovely new adult series.

7. Be With Me (Wait For You #2) by Jennifer Lynn Armentrout - This is another new adult series that I highly recommend, it has the romance and everything. Our hero in this story is a ballet dancer but has unfortunately been injured etc. Go read this book, it is wonderful, in fact I recommend everyone of this author's books.

8. Sustain by Tijan - This lovely novel by the great and mysterious Tijan can be read as a standalone, but you all see these characters in her Broken and Screwed duology. It has a lovely romance in this book that is full of angst, in a good way and it is done correctly, as I often find that some books contain way to much angst to the story and you then find yourself not liking the book. But this isn't one of those books. Mostly all the characters in this story are musicians, it is a new adult novel.

9. The Edge Of Never by J.A. Redmerski - The romance in this book is simply wonderful, awesome,  heartwarming and I could go on forever, but what I am basically saying is that you should go read this terrific new adult duology. Both our Hero and Heroine are musically talented, specifically singing as well as with a guitar in their hand.

10. City Of Bones (The Mortal Instruments #1) by Cassandra Clare - As I am sure most of you know, and if you don't know, our sarcastic and witty hero - Jace Wayland - in the story plays piano. All I can say about this book is if you haven't read it yet you are definitely missing out, so go read it right now, off you go!

What were your top ten books this week? Leave your links to your TTT's in the comments below, and if you don't have a blog let me know what some of your favourite musically talented/strong characters are in the comments down below.

Happy Tuesday,
Kristin @ Simply Bookish Things
XOXO

No comments :

Post a Comment