Sunday, 19 April 2015

The Book Courtship Tag


Hey guys, so I have been tagged by my wondrous fellow book blogging buddies of mine to do the book courtship tag.
I have seen this tag around the booktubing world as well as the blogosphere, and it looks like loads of fun.

Therefore thank you so much to Ayesha and Monisah @ Twins Turn Pages, go check out their blog it is really awesome and bookish! You can see their Book Courtship Tag over here.

You can see the original video of this tag over here.

Let's get on it with it shall we?

Phase 1
Initial Attraction: A book that you bought because of the cover.

As I said in my review for this book, which you can see here, I picked up this book mainly because of the simplistic look on the cover, and it really drew me to it.
And this book is Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli. It does look a lot more vibrant in person..



Phase 2
First impressions: A book that you got because of the summary.

Definitely Shatter Me by Taherah Mafi, That blurb was just AMAZING, go read it and you'll see what I mean.

I have a curseI have a gift
I am a monsterI'm more than human
My touch is lethalMy touch is power
I am their weaponI will fight back
Juliette hasn’t touched anyone in exactly 264 days.
The last time she did, it was an accident, but The Reestablishment locked her up for murder. No one knows why Juliette’s touch is fatal. As long as she doesn’t hurt anyone else, no one really cares. The world is too busy crumbling to pieces to pay attention to a 17-year-old girl. Diseases are destroying the population, food is hard to find, birds don’t fly anymore, and the clouds are the wrong color.
The Reestablishment said their way was the only way to fix things, so they threw Juliette in a cell. Now so many people are dead that the survivors are whispering war – and The Reestablishment has changed its mind. Maybe Juliette is more than a tortured soul stuffed into a poisonous body. Maybe she’s exactly what they need right now.
Juliette has to make a choice: Be a weapon. Or be a warrior.
Hits me in the feels every time..

Phase 3
Sweet talk: A book with great writing.

If I could I would say every single one of John Green's books but as I can choose only one I shall choose..Paper Towns by John Green. You can check out my review over here.

Phase 4
First date: A first book of a series that made you want to pick up the rest of the series.

City of Bones by Cassandra Clare, If you have read one of my first Random Discussion posts you will know that this is the book that jump-started my love for reading. As soon as I finished this book I gobbled up the rest of the series like a person dying of hunger.

Phase 5
Late night phone calls: A book that kept you up all night.

There have been many books that have kept me up till the early hours of the morning, but one that has always stuck out to me is the Covenant series by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Phase 6
Always on my mind: A book you couldn't stop thinking about.

Hands down the Lux series by Jennifer L. Armentrout, This book is, I can't even.




Phase 7
Getting physical: A book where you love the way it feels.

Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell, When I bought this book I had ordered it online so I could especially get the hardcover, as South Africa doesn't really sell a lot of hardcover copies and if they do they are extremely expensive, and every time I look at this book I just feel so happy, gives me all the warm fuzzies inside.

Phase 8
Meeting the parents: A book you would recommend to family and friends.

Hmm..This is a hard one, as sometimes it really depends on the person and what they like etc.
But one book that I would recommend to book bloggers as well as book lovers is without a doubt
Chime by Franny Billingsley, this book was amazing and I definitely recommend it!

Phase 9
Thinking about the future: A book or series that you will read many times in the future.

I have many books that I could read over and over again, but one that is dear in my heart *sheds a tear* is The Summer trilogy by Jenny Han. This book made me cry, jump with happiness and I adored it.




Phase 10
Share the love: Who do you tag?

I tag Kyra @ Blog of a Bookaholic.


No comments :

Post a Comment