Wednesday, 29 April 2015

Review - The Mistake (Off-Campus #2) by Elle Kennedy

Title: The Mistake
Series: Off-Campus #2
Author: Elle Kennedy
Genre: New Adult, Romance
Published: 28 April 2015, Self Published
Format: ebook
Rating: 5/5 Sneakers


He’s a player in more ways than one…
College junior John Logan can get any girl he wants. For this hockey star, life is a parade of parties and hook-ups, but behind his killer grins and easygoing charm, he hides growing despair about the dead-end road he’ll be forced to walk after graduation. A sexy encounter with freshman Grace Ivers is just the distraction he needs, but when a thoughtless mistake pushes her away, Logan plans to spend his final year proving to her that he’s worth a second chance.
Now he’s going to need to up his game…
After a less than stellar freshman year, Grace is back at Briar University, older, wiser, and so over the arrogant hockey player she nearly handed her V-card to. She’s not a charity case, and she’s not the quiet butterfly she was when they first hooked up. If Logan expects her to roll over and beg like all his other puck bunnies, he can think again. He wants her back? He’ll have to work for it. This time around, she’ll be the one in the driver’s seat…and she plans on driving him wild.



I loved this book.
I read the first book of this series when it first came out and I adored it (they both can be read as standalone's) and the second book was even better. When I started The Mistake I could immediately tell that this was one of those series where each book continually trumps the other and you end up not being able to decide which one is your favourite. So I am more than happy to say that Elle Kennedy has delivered yet another wonderful book filled with a wondrous but sexy romance.

Therefore this goes to Elle Kennedy.


This book starts off - as you all know who have read The Deal (Off-Campus #1) - with Logan infatuated with Hannah, his best friends girlfriend. One of things that had me enjoying this book so much was that I loved how Logan dealt with his crush on her, he knew it was wrong as well as also knowing that it was just an infatuation and he wasn't really in love with her. But he is trying to forget about her through the booze and other things *wink wink* 

Even though we fell in love with Hannah as a character in the previous book, I fell in love with her even anymore. Why? Because she is so funny and hilarious but most importantly mature, and you notice this a lot when she realized that Logan has a crush on her and she was the one that helped him get over her funnily enough.

"Am I the last person you think about when you go to bed and the first one you think about when you wake up?"
I don't answer. "Am I?" she pushes.
"No." My voice comes out hoarse. "You're not."
Fucking hell. She might be right. All this time I've been feeling guilty about wanting my best friend's girl, but I think what I really wanted was my best friend's relationship
Isn't she just lovely? 

Grace is sort of a wallflower, and blabbers a lot! I adored her blabbering, especially when she was nervous.

"Don't worry, gorgeous. I'm just using your phone. I'm not going to murder you."
"Oh, I know that. Or at least I think I know that," she stammers. "I mean, you seem like a decent guy, but then again, lots of serial killers probably seen decent too when you first meet them. Did you know Ted Bundy was actually really charming?" Her eyes widen. "How messed up is that? Imagine you're walking along one day and meet this really cute, charming guy, and you're like, oh my God, he's perfect, and then you're over at his place and you find a trophy dungeon in the basement wit skin suits and Barbie dolls with the eyes ripped out and-"
"Jesus," I cut in. "Did anyone ever tell you that you talk a lot?"
I mean how can you not love her?!


Another thing I loved about this book was that I really related to the heroine, I'm not talking like I vaguely related to her, I mean like seriously related to her. Everything that she did all I could think was, "That is totally something I would do!"
She is definitely a character that I would want to be best friends with!


Logan was glorious, he is my new favourite fictional boyfriend, actually scratch that he's my new future husband!
I.
Love.
Him.
Full stop.

Elle Kennedy has once again written another fantastic romance story filled with laughter. It is the absolute perfect recipe for what every New Adult romance book should contain!
I highly recommend that you go ahead and read this!

My rating: 5/5 Sneakers


Lots of love
Kristin @ Simply Bookish Things
XOXO




No comments :

Post a Comment