Tuesday, 7 April 2015

Review - Heir Of Fire (Throne Of Glass #3) By Sarah J. Maas

Title: Heir Of Fire
Series: Throne of Glass #3
Author: Sarah J. Maas
Genre: Young Adult, Fantasy
Published: 2 September 2014, Bloomsbury Children
Format: Paperback, 562 pages 
Rating: 5/5 Sneakers


Lost and broken, Celaena Sardothien’s only thought is to avenge the savage death of her dearest friend: as the King of Adarlan’s Assassin, she is bound to serve this tyrant, but he will pay for what he did. Any hope Celaena has of destroying the king lies in answers to be found in Wendlyn. Sacrificing his future, Chaol, the Captain of the King’s Guard, has sent Celaena there to protect her, but her darkest demons lay in that same place. If she can overcome them, she will be Adarlan’s biggest threat – and his own toughest enemy.


While Celaena learns of her true destiny, and the eyes of Erilea are on Wendlyn, a brutal and beastly force is preparing to take to the skies. Will Celaena find the strength not only to win her own battles, but to fight a war that could pit her loyalties to her own people against those she has grown to love?


*Contains spoilers if you haven't read book 1&2*

I have no words..I can't even.
This book was breathtaking.

I devoured this monster of book in 2 whole days! I savoured every last word. Sarah J. Maas' writing is addictive, you can never get enough of it.  
The way she describes her characters as well as the mythical creatures are so intricate and detailed that it gives you such an incredible visual. And let's not forget her fighting scenes, they are so well-written, that I can't even..


The plot was as always in Sarah's books eventful and compelling, it kept you wanting more.
It was full of action, interesting and thrilling. Sarah's books are always unpredictable, I would think that I would know what would happen next and then something else happens that completely blows my mind.



In the third book of the Throne of Glass series we get introduced to a whole bunch of new characters that we get to fall in love with. I don't want to give to much away as it is nice to be introduced to the, characters without knowing who they are, but here is what I think of the characters we were introduced to the previous books.


Celaena Sardothien or should I say Elentiya, Aelin. She has like a gazillion names, so let's just stick with Celaena.
In this book we see a more broken side to Celaena, as well as an almost vulnerable side to her?..
It was lovely to see her progress from this broken character bearing so many scars and tragedies to becoming a strong, badass woman. We learn more about her past in a lot of more detail, which left my heart completely shattered I tell you, shattered.



Chaol AKA Captain Westfall is drool worthy..He has stolen my heart and doesn't seem to be giving it back anytime soon. In this book we see Chaol start to sort of accept the whole magic thing his best bud's have got going on. I am team Chaol all the way! *drool*

Dorian, oh sweet Dorian, did I ever tell you how much I love you? I can never decide who I like best out of Chaol and Dorian, They're just so beautiful. So I guess I should say I am also Team Dorian?..

We meet many new characters later on thought that are just so cool and badass.
*mild spoiler section* Manon, the blackbeak clan witch and leader of the thirteen, who is supposedly evil, but you can't help but start to fall in love with her. Through out the book she becomes less heartless and more human-ish, and it was great to see her development in this book. 

Let's not forget about Rowan. I couldn't stop crying for him and his tragic past, it was just so sad! I love the whole buddy system thing him and Celaena have got going on! *end of spoiler*

The world-building in this book is phenomenal, there are no words to describe it.
You could see how much effort has been put into it's meticulous planning.
Everything about it is so intricate and detailed, and I just adore it.

I cannot wait to read the next instalment in this series! This book over-all was just breathtaking, it had you on the edge of your seat the whole time. It had everything an amazing book should have, great characters, story lines etc.

I definitely recommend this series to all book lovers, and if  you are not a book lover I still recommend it, although it might take a while to get into in the first book or so, it is still completely worth it!

My rating:

Lots of love
Kristin @ Simply Bookish Things
XOXO








No comments :

Post a Comment