Sunday, 22 March 2015

Review - Papertowns by John Green

TitlePaper Towns 
Author: John Green
Genre: Young Adult Fiction
Published: 22 September 2009
Format: Paperback, 305 pages
Rating: 5/5 Hearts

Who is the real Margo?
Quentin Jacobsen has spent a lifetime loving the magnificently adventurous Margo Roth Spiegelman from afar. So when she cracks open a window and climbs into his life—dressed like a ninja and summoning him for an ingenious campaign of revenge—he follows. After their all-nighter ends, and a new day breaks, Q arrives at school to discover that Margo, always an enigma, has now become a mystery. But Q soon learns that there are clues—and they're for him. Urged down a disconnected path, the closer he gets, the less Q sees the girl he thought he knew...

                                                                 




This book is about a teen aged boy named Quentin Jacobsen who is in love with the mysterious Margo Roth Spiegelman. One day Margo invites him for a night of fun and revenge, but then Margo goes missing and he finds out Margo has left him clues on where and how to find her, and it's about his quest on finding Margo and along the way he finds out things about Margo that he didn't know.

I was inspired to read this after I had watched the newly released Papertowns movie trailer.
 John Green books almost always give me some sort of inspiration and new perspectives on life etc.
His books that I have read so far are so completely original and awe inspiring.
So when I went into this book and I had pretty high expectations, and well, they definitely lived up to them!

This book intrigued me from the very beginning and once I started reading it I couldn't stop, and I couldn't help but slowly fall in love with all the characters. I've always loved John Green's book characters as he makes them so easy to relate to whether you have experienced the situation that they are in or not. 

I really fell in love with the characters in this book, I loved Quentin's determination to find Margo, and every single time he found a clue on Margo's location I wanted to shout from the rooftops and tell the whole freaking world how much I loved him.



I was smitten with Ben and Radar, Quentin's two best friends.
Ben AKA Bloody Ben *laughs hysterically* 
Ben was just so adorable, I wanted to just grab him and give him a cuddle, I loved how obsessed he was with prom, and the 'honeybunnies' and his cute little insecurities.
Oh and Radar *sigh* I adored him and his obsession with omnictionary, so cute!

"I. Spend. My. Entire. Life. On. Omnictionary. In the hour between when I got home this morning and when I hurled in the shower, I completely rewrote the page for the Blue-spotted Anglerfish. I have a problem."

The little details in this book are what really makes you fall in love with the story and they create a connection with the characters.

  I LOVE THEM!

*Highlight to see spoilers*

*spoiler* To be honest I did feel a slight disappointment about the ending, I felt like I didn't have any closure. But I did love how it shows that Quentin was really in love with the idea of Margo and how he didn't really know her as a person. *end of spoiler* 

This book was really just amazing, and realistically beautiful..If that makes any sense. But whether you are a reader or not you will adore this book. I loved the relationships that formed throughout this book. I loved Margo's free spirit and her wanderlust, and Quentin's discoveries and lessons that he learnt. I completely devoured this book and I am so glad I read it! It was creative, interesting and genius! I definitely recommend you read this ASAP.

My favourite quotes: these quotes really just hit me with FEELS..you know?

"The sky is like a monochromatic contemporary painting, drawing me in with it's illusion of depth, pulling me up."

"That's always seemed so ridiculous to me, that people would want to be around someone because they're pretty. It's like picking your breakfast cereals based on colour instead if taste." 

This quote below really sums up Margo.

"Margo always loved mysteries. And in everything that came after ward, I could never stop thinking that maybe she loved mysteries so much that she became one."


What did you think of this book? Leave your comments down below.

I rate this book 5/5 Hearts!

Lots of love,
Kristin @ Simply Bookish Things
XOXO




No comments :

Post a Comment