Friday, 27 March 2015

Review - The Naturals by (The Naturals #1) by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

Title: The Naturals
Series: The Naturals #1
Author: Jennifer Lynn Barnes
Genre: Young Adult, Mystery, Thriller
Published: 7 November 2013, Quercus
Format: Paperback, 315 pages
Rating: 5/5 Hearts


Cassie Hobbes is not like most teenagers. Most teenagers don’t lose their mother in a bloody, unsolved kidnapping. Most teenagers can’t tell who you are, where you’re from and how you’re likely to behave within moments of meeting you. And most teenagers don’t get chosen to join The Naturals.

Identified by the FBI as uniquely gifted, Cassie is recruited to an elite school where a small number of teens are trained to hone their exceptional abilites.

For Cassie, trying to make friends with the girls, and to figure out the two very different, very hot boys, is challenging enough. But when a serial killer begins recreating the details of her mother’s horrific crime scene, she realises just how dangerous life in The Naturals could be...

 
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18591093-the-naturals
 
 
I was looking at my TBR pile beside my bed, pondering on what to read next when I saw this book.
Can I just say don't judge a book by it's cover (even though I still do that, I mean who doesn't) But Holy Moly, I Loved this book. It was complete and utter perfection. I savoured every word until it was finished.
 
Cassie Hobbes has a natural talent for analysing people. So she gets chosen to become part of the 'Naturals" programme. And she soon meets other people her age who also have this ability as well as others (Eg. reading people's emotion's) And so the story begins.
 
This book really reminded me of a TV show called 'Lie to Me', I'm not in anyway comparing this book to the TV show as they were extremely different from each other, but the concept of it reminded me of it. Which actually made thoroughly enjoy this book.
 
I loved reading about the characters abilities for reading peoples emotions and the process of figuring out who their suspects were. Like the killer's MO and a whole bunch of other FBI-ish things
 
Michael, I adored his personality, He was cocky, arrogant, funny and intriguing. 
 
He made me spazz out.
 
 
 As well as make my heart skip a beat.
 
 
Dean, I was utterly crazy about him, He gave me butterflies in my stomach.
He was one of those dark and mysterious types of guys, My favourite type of guy!
 
 
I honestly cannot decide who I love the most, I just ASDFGHJKD.
 
The plot twist. I don't know about you but I seriously wasn't expecting that, ask my friend Kyra from Blog of a Bookaholic, who I was with at the time. HAHA I just started flailing, and I couldn't form any coherent sentences! *face palm*
 
I really fell in love with the side characters, they were just so cool!
Lia, with her blunt and straight to the point personality, and Sloane, with a brain full of random knowledge and statistics.
They just really added to the story, they just made the story that much more unique, you get what I'm saying?
 
The romance was a very nice slow-burn, and I am really excited to continue reading about it in the next book, and yes there is another book! EEK *fangirls*
 
Overall I thoroughly enjoyed this book, it was fast-paced, mysterious, thrilling and a page-turner.
I recommend this book to everyone who likes a quirky romance and a mystery.
 
I rate this: 5/5 Hearts
 
Lots of love
Kristin @ Simply Bookish Things
XOXO
 

No comments :

Post a Comment